We at Avon are committed to the empowerment of women worldwide. We demonstrate this commitment by providing a path to financial independence, self-reliance and the realisation of dreams. We believe that all women have the right to feel safe and live happy, healthy lives free from fear and abuse.
As ‘the company for women’, we are on a mission to end domestic violence. Launched internationally in 2004, Speak Out Against Domestic Violence is our global campaign focused on education, prevention and support.
Thanks to the efforts of our supportive Customers and Representatives, we are proud to say that globally, Avon has donated more than $1 billion to the cause in over 50 countries. Together, we are making a difference.
Nearly 1 billion women worldwide are affected by domestic violence. It can affect anyone, regardless of race, gender or social standing, and can take many forms, not all of which are easily recognisable. That’s why we’re committed to ending it – because it’s not just a personal issue, it’s a community one.
In New Zealand:
- A woman is killed every 3 ½ weeks by a current or former partner
- One in three women experience physical or sexual violence by a current or former partner in their lifetime
- 1 in 3 women will experience physical violence after the age of 15
- A woman is killed almost every week by a current of former partner
- Almost 1 in 5 women have experienced sexual assault
Around the world:
- The World Health Organisation estimates that at least 1 in 3 women will be beaten, raped, or otherwise abused during her lifetime
- In most cases of domestic violence, the abuser is a member of the family
Avon donates funds to two different organisations in Australia and New Zealand:
- Shine (Safer Homes in New Zealand Everyday Trust), 100% of profits from our Women’s Empowerment Range go to support Shine’s range of services that help victims of domestic abuse get safe and stay safe, including their tollfree, national, domestic abuse Helpline (0508-744-633)
- White Ribbon Australia, which provides domestic violence awareness, education, prevention and direct service initiatives in schools. In 2014, we proudly donated $100,000 to White Ribbon Australia
Neither donation would have been possible without the support and dedication of our Customers and Representatives.
Avon’s Empowerment range of jewellery helps to raise awareness and funds to assist the victims of domestic violence.
When you buy or sell an Empowerment piece, you’re helping to end domestic violence. 100% of profits from the sale of Avon Empowerment products go to White Ribbon Australia and Shine New Zealand.
Please visit the Avon Online store to see our current Avon Empowerment Range.
At Avon, we know the value of a perfect lip, but still open our mouths to speak out on domestic violence.
Stand with us.